Joining is easy!
Select your membership application.
Individuals licensed to practice architecture in a U.S. state or territory.
Assoc. AIA is open to individuals who meet one of the following criteria:
- Recent graduate with a degree in architecture (special value)
- Currently enrolled in the Intern Development Program (IDP) and working toward licensure
- Currently work under the supervision of an architect or hold a degree in architecture
- Faculty member in a university program in architecture – “not licensed”
Become an AIA member today! Determine which membership category is appropriate for you and download the application, complete it, and send it to us.
- Members display “AIA” after their name. “AIA” communicates professionalism to clients and colleagues. The AIA is recognized by public audiences, which gives members the competitive advantage. It shows a commitment to the highest professional standards and practices.
- Continuing Education Programs to help meet State Licensure and AIA requirements and expand the architectural knowledge base as changes in the profession occur.
- Maintenance of CES credits for members tracking his/her hours.
- Discounted registration fees for AIA Oklahoma sponsored events.
- Advancing members’ interest through lobbying efforts. AIA is the collective voice of the architectural profession, and as such makes sure the members’ concerns and interests are heard by key decision makers at the federal, state and local levels.
- Keeping members informed about issues that affect their professional lives.
- AIA Oklahoma annual State Convention which offers members a chance to attend a variety of continuing education programs and hear from nationally known speakers in the profession as well as network and socialize with professional peers from across the state.
- Professional Affiliation with fellow architects and networking opportunities.
- Bi-Annual Design Awards which recognizes works of distinction by members and bring to public attention outstanding examples of architecture.
- Access to a Membership Roster of AIA Oklahoma members.
- Representation on the Construction Industry Coalition which serves to inform the general public concerning construction in Oklahoma.
- Subscription to Architect, the AIA Magazine. and deep discounts on Architectural Record.
- Discounted rates for AIA Documents, Contract, and Forms.
- Marketing the profession which includes a nationwide public relations campaign on behalf of the architectural profession as well as maintaining and promoting a positive image in Oklahoma.
- AIA web site (http://aia.org/index.htm) which provides information to millions of people on how to select, hire and work with an architect. It also puts them in touch with a directory of AIA-owned firms. The AIA Oklahoma web site (www.aiaok.org) keeps members informed of activities around the state.
- Health insurance is available to members through an AIA group plan.
- A fully staffed office with responsibility to facilitate the flow of information to the membership and all AIA Oklahoma activities. The staff answers all questions from the membership and facilitates the member’s participation in AIA